Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Hard Boiled Eggs

hard  boiled egg

I love hard-boiled eggs because they're tasty and full of protein. I will often have one as part of my breakfast or a post-work-out snack. Here's how I usually make my hard-boiled eggs:

  1. Put 1 large egg in a pot with water. Most people recommend covering the egg with an inch of water, but since the only pot I own deep enough to cover the egg that much is quite large and would take forever to boil, my eggs are not usually fully submerged and it's never been a problem.
  2. Bring water to just boiling.
  3. Remove from heat before the water starts really boiling. Cover with a lid.
  4. Leave egg in covered pot for 15-20 minutes.
  5. For softer boiled egg, remove from pot sooner. Otherwise, after 15-20 minutes, place egg in ice water until cool. (This prevents the green coloring around the yolk.)
  6. Remove shell. Slightly older eggs are the easiest to de-shell.
  7. Eat! (This is the shortest part of the whole process.)

No comments:

Post a Comment